Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Western Tornado

Out here in the West we've learned a new thing that mother nature does...its called a Microburst. For all you flatlanders, its basically the inverse of a tornado. Meaning that a column of air comes straight down from the heavens above, hits the ground and sends out a very powerful gust of wind and then its gone. Addie and I got to experience one first hand at the house. Our neighbors on each side of us ended up with trees in their backyards (only one of them came from out yard) and our whole block lost power due to fallen trees. Its was quite interesting to say the least.


The tree from our yard which fell into the neighbors yard to the North of us

The tree that feel in our neighbors (to the South of us) yard- it came from the other side of the alley

1 Comments:

Blogger acgchitown said...

When you told me about the strom or rather the micro-burst, I didn't really grasp the full power of the event! I'm so happy and relieved that you and Addie were not hurt!

5:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home