Friday, June 01, 2007

Bye Mom

The other morning as Jesse and Siven were getting ready to leave for school & work, I was up feeding Miss Addie. I was sitting in their room happily feeding her and listening to my boys preparing for their day when Siven came in to talk to me. He looked at me and asked as he usually does, "Is Addie eating?"

"Yes", I replied.

"Oh, Okay. Can I give her a kiss good bye?"

"Sure", I said realizing that Jesse wasn't even trying to get him out the door yet.

Siven, went over to the side of his bed and grabbed his step stool, brought it over to the chair I was sitting in and stepped up. He gently rubbed Addie's head and said, "Good bye baby sister, I love you" and gave her a kiss on the cheek and a little hug. My heart melted. Then he looked up at me gave me a kiss and stepped off the stool and started to walk out of the room saying," Okay bye Mom have a good day, I'm going to school."

And then he was gone. My heart melted all over again, here I was feeding one baby and listening and watching my other one grow up right in front of my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home