December
Then we rolled into December on not such a great note. Jesse's Nana got very sick over Thanksgiving and was sent to the hospital. She was able to make it out of the hospital but had to be placed in a Nursing Home, and appeared to be doing well, but then took a turn for the worse again. The week prior to Christmas she passed away, and we found out just as we were getting ready to leave the house to visit her. The family was very sad by all this, and Jesse and I explained to Siven that he wouldn't see Nana Scott anylonger because she turned into an angel. Upon hearing this he went over to a Christmas angel I had on display, picked it up and said Nana Scott an angel? He still talks about her, which delights Jesse and I to know end as we hope he will have some memory of her.
Work continued to keep Jesse and I busy, with clients wanting to get their projects done beofre the holidays hit. It was extremly stressful for the both of us and we are happy that now its over! We attended Jesse's office party on the 7th- it was at the new museum of art, in which Jesse'f firm was the local architect and was designed by Daniel Libeskind. The firm rented out the entire gallery for the evening and served drinks and appetizers all night long. The museum is amazing, and Jesse and I both really loved the building, but foudn ourselves finding poor details that tended to distract us from the rest of the building. It was great to be able to walk through the spaces without being cramped amongst tons of people and also to be able to really look at the collections, all of which we enjoyed.
The pregancy continued to be rough for me, and I usually felt like crap. Making it hard for me to have extra energy to do things above and beyond getting Siven into bed at night. I started a yoga class that was held on Monday nights, and that seemed to improve things slightly as I always came home relaxed and full of energy- but that only lasted for the evening.
Siven and Jesse both got very sick, also the week before Christmas. Both were down and out for about 3 days each- and as much as I would have liked it they didn't overlap each other. I held my breath and continually sanatized every surface I could hoping and praying that I wouldn't get it too- as I would have had to go to the hospital for an i.v. to keep the fluids in me for the baby's safety.
And if ya hadn't hear by now, we got alot of SNOW. Our first blizzard was rolled in on the 20th and we got over 20" dumped on us in 48 hours- which closed daycare, work and the City for roughly 4 days. I had to go to 5 or 6 grocery stores just to get the food for Christmas dinner! Then on the 28th we had another one and got about 8-12 inches. The following three weekends (bringing us into January) were all blessed with more snow, usually ranging in accumulations from 6-8 inches. We're expecting our 6th storm in a row, you guessed it, this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home